Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to reach potential customers. It has been proven that email marketing drives more sales than social media and search engine optimization combined.
Table of Contents
It is important to understand that there are different types of email marketing campaigns. For example, you can use email marketing for branding, lead generation, customer retention, or just for promotional purposes.
Email marketing has been around for decades now and it has changed a lot over the years. There are many things that you need to know about email marketing before you start using it as a marketing tool for your business.
Optimize Your Website for Lead Capture
The first step to lead capture is optimizing your website for lead capture. To do this, you need to make sure that the website has a clear CTA. The call-to-action can be in the form of a button with text that says “Sign Up” or “Buy Now” or it can be in the form of an offer that is time-sensitive.
There are many ways to capture leads on your site. You can use pop-ups, slide-ins, exit-intent popups, and even chatbots to capture leads on your site. Chatbots are a great option because they can be personalized and they don’t disrupt the user’s experience with ads or popups.
Optimizing your website for lead capture means making sure that your site is easy to navigate and that it doesn’t frustrate visitors with too many steps or complicated processes.
It is important to know that the goal of this section is to increase the number of leads that are captured on your website.
When you optimize your website for lead capture, naturally it will help you generate more leads for your business.
Ways to Make Your CTAs Easier to See & Click on Anywhere on the Page
In the world of marketing, there are many best practices that you should follow. However, some of them are not as popular as others. For example, people often ignore the best practices for designing a CTA button on a website.
Your email marketing form likely has a heading, some input fields, and a button. You just want the right people to click that CTA so you can start nurturing them. Button design is one of the most crucial elements of a website. It is the gateway to your site, and it can make or break your conversion rate.
As the old adage goes, “you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.”
When it comes to CTA buttons, you only get one chance to make that first impression count.
The call to action (CTA) is the button that you want viewers to click on. It’s supposed to make website visitors take action and complete a purchase, sign up for an email list, or download an ebook. It’s the link, button, or form that leads them to take an action. If your CTA is not easy for people to see and click on, it won’t get clicked on. There are a few ways you can make your CTA easier to see and click on anywhere on the page:
- Choose contrasting colors for your text and background buttons.
- Use large fonts for both text and background buttons.
- Add borders around your buttons so they stand out against other elements on the page.
- Place your CTA button in the top right corner of your webpage so it’s visible at all times when scrolling down the screen
- Keep it simple and clear — use phrases like “SIGN UP” or “SUBSCRIBE” instead of “GET ACCESS TO MY NEWSLETTER”
- Make sure that there are no distractions on or around the button area.
Button design best practices is a subject that many people don’t like to think about, but it has a huge impact on conversion rates.
How Designing Your CTA for Conversions is More Than Just Making it Bigger or Telling People to “Click Here”
Persuasion design is the art of influencing people to take an action. It’s more than just making your CTAs bigger or telling people to “click here.”
The goal of persuasion design is to make the user want to do what you want them to do. This can be accomplished by using psychology-based principles and techniques, such as social proof, scarcity, authority, and social norms.
- Social proof is the practice of influencing people by providing examples of what others are doing. People will be more likely to do something if other people are already doing it. That’s why the use of testimonials and endorsements as marketing devices is so effective. For example, if you want people to sign up for your newsletter, you could show reviews of the freebie you’re giving away or how people had success with the value you provide.
- Scarcity in marketing is the idea that people want something more when it is less available. Simply put, humans naturally want what they can’t have. For example, if someone has only one day left on their trial of a product, they may feel inclined to purchase to take advantage of the deal.
- Brand Authority is the perceived level of expertise and personal interest in a product or service. For example, when a company is considered an expert in its field, it commands more authority. This can be across social media channels, in interviews, and in other public appearances. When a company is perceived to be an expert, it can grow brand authority and attract customers who want genuine products.
Create High-Quality Content Consistently
Content creation is a process that has been going on for many years. But with the advent of social media and online marketing, the process has changed. Content creators now need to create content that is not only engaging but also shareable. This is where social media marketing comes in.
Social media marketing is not just about creating content but also about sharing it across different channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The idea here is to get your content in front of as many people as possible so that they can engage with it and share it with their networks too. Having this content link back to your newsletter can be a huge plus. It will also help you build brand authority.
Conclusion: What To Do When You Start Growing Your List
The best way to increase your conversion rate is by sending relevant content based on people’s preferences. You can do this by sending them targeted emails that are personalized for their interests or needs.
Marketers and businesses can maximize a growling list by:
- Setting up an autoresponder to build trust and credibility with potential customers
- Creating a free giveaway in order to attract new subscribers
- Developing a strong call to action that will compel people to subscribe
- Sending out emails on a regular basis